Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dare

In an old REI camping jade tent

Buster smiling to all commuters

“Good God …Help us … A coin or two will do…”

I, sauntering toward Sunset Highway,

slipping three dollars to Boomer, his master

“You take care, God Bless!”

Boomer boomed.

We are mendicants in ourselves

I recall seeking crumbs in the canals of life

foolish to follow myths…I think therefore I am ,

or pursue happiness

or be tempted by immortality’s tenderness…

Seek the truth, yah right.

“Say what, I sought security

let’s be true to ourselves…”

Wake up and see the spirit within

The masters and wise would exhort

What a radiant retort

We dare go beyond

We do it and do it with finesse

and ‘forethought , the ‘nth time

we burn not , next time with promise …

That is true

Let the world spin on its axis

Compassion and charity

Empathy is elementary,

You say…

Bare out your bosom

Taste the sweet nectar

Dance with lightning

Take it out

See… Hear… Touch….Smell…Think

Yet mostly listen

Bonding with the air, water, earth

to Buster’s beam

to the moon’s musings

to the sun’s serenade

It is the only hope we have

Dare …

Be there …

Take my hand

As I walk this way…

No comments:

Post a Comment