Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wait for Me

Working on your yarn

mastering your abacus

tinkering with your calligraphy

silencing your mind….

you park over here

in the fields of the fallen

through the brushworks of the beast

you bellow and behold

the valor , the victory

the stillness, the solemnity

the drama, the dream

of you and me

you who does not know the word

no, not at all.

you who can only smile sweetly

save yourself

I beseech your breath

I behold your glory

I bask in your beauty

I revel in this reverie

Like this bee

sucking out the nectar

Like this morning glory

rising from its ashes

Like the incandescent candle

burning with fervor

I say this prayer

You are here

You are my tear and my ear

You keep me awake ,

Do you hear?

I remember Tagaytay

I remember Boracay

I remember Amanpulo

I remember Surigao

You are in my spirit

It rides in and out

Do not cease

Do not hither

Do me a favor

Keep this yarn young

Write your calligraphy in black

Make your echo exclaim

You are here

Here forever in time

To remember and to listen

As I sit in this brow beaten bench

Who knows

if the maya-maya giving me the eyeball

is now you…

Oh for heaven’s sakes

Why do you stare so softly

Why do you hum so sweetly

Why do you kill me joyfully

I visit this bench daily

I see you in so many shapes

I hear you in so many sounds

I feel you in so many wavelengths

I listen to you hum

Maya –Maya you seem to smile

Sit now beside me,

Remember we will be together

Not yet Not Now

Wait. You Hear

Wait for me….

No comments:

Post a Comment