Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Friend...

In wine there is truth

The proverb blanks out in white

I could remember that day

You told me you will stay

could not forget the Marriott

You checked in

and hit Tony’sTavern

along SE Ash…

had a shot of tequila and then two

saw the slinky slender masseuse

named Saundra

Hey, do you want a pick me up?

You shrugged and smiled

She smiled back

and took your hand

You left the tavern

The following day

you said your insides burn

you could not even excrete

nor execute excellently

Oh it might be a wasting time

Go to your physician

You would need a pill for the wine

Ah, you said

Saundra gave me a gift

Oh yeah, to remember and to requite

I know what you mean, I said

Now are you still going there?

Nah, I never will, cursing your breath

Yet a month later

I see you smooching Saundra

inside the Ristorante Italia

Oh we had good times, eh

Oh you could have seen her today

I could only listen to your mouth

As I withheld judgment

Why are you not saying much

As long as you are happy,

I will only say that much…

No comments:

Post a Comment